01. Finlandia, Op.26 (Arr. Guitar Trio)
02. Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D Major, BWV 1068 (Arr. Guitar Trio) I. Overture
03. Fuga, from Chromatic Fantasy, BWV 903 (Arr. Guitar Trio)
04. Nun Komm, der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659 (Arr. Guitar Trio)
05. Toccata “Dorian,” BWV 538 (Arr. Guitar Trio)
06. Choros No. 5 “Alma Brasileira” (Arr. Guitar Trio)
07. Asturias “Leyenda” (Arr. Guitar Trio)
08. Preludes, Op. 11, no.4 “Lento” (Arr. Guitar Trio)
09. Preludes, Op. 11, no. 7 “Allegro Assai” (Arr. Guitar Trio)
10. Preludes, Op. 11, no. 10 “Andante” (Arr. Guitar Trio)
11. Preludes, Op. 11, no. 15 “Lento” (Arr. Guitar Trio)
12. Preludes, Op. 11, no. 24 “Presto” (Arr. Guitar Trio)
13. Danzón no. 2 (Arr. Guitar Trio)
Lauded by Eliot Fisk as “charismatic, entertaining, and spontaneous young masters”, The Great Necks (Scott Borg, Adam Levin, and Matthew Rohde) lie at the intersection of performance and arts advocacy. They have ravished audiences with their ambitious arrangements and whimsical, interactive, and daring performances. As soloists, they have distinguished careers of their own, marked by regular festival and concert appearances across five continents and a growing solo discography on the Naxos, Odradek, and Tresona labels.
The Great Necks recent appearances include New Mexico’s ‘Chatter’, the Austonian, Colorado State University-Pueblo, Mid-Maryland Guitar Festival, Rhode Island Guitar Festival, Trinity-By-The-Cove, and the Aguado Guitar Series. Their ground-breaking debut album will be released during the 2018/19 season, which showcases dazzling arrangements including virtuoso orchestral, piano and organ works by Bach, Sibelius, Albeniz, Scriabin, Villa-Lobos, and Marquez. A second album is already under-way with works by Holst, Beethoven, Wagner, Bernstein, Adams, Villa-Lobos and Bach.
Together, Borg, Levin, and Rohde also co-founded Kithara Project, Inc (www.kitharaproject.org), a nonprofit organization with the mission of promoting widespread and equitable access to the classical guitar worldwide, particularly in the US and Latin America.
Borg completed his studies at the Juilliard School, the Yale School of Music, and New England Conservatory; Levin, at Northwestern University and New England Conservatory; and Rohde, at Yale College, the Yale School of Music, and the Paris Conservatory. Borg and Levin are Augustine and D’Addario Artists, respectively. The trio performs on a set of guitars — ‘Aranda,’ ‘Hope,’ and ‘Helios’ — by Stephan Connor.