01. Tosca, SC 69 Recondita armonia
02. Roméo et Juliette, CG 9 L’amour, l’amour!
03. Manon Lescaut, SC 64 Donna non vidi mai
04. Carmen, WD 31 La fleur que tu m’avais jetée
05. Iolanta, Op. 69, TH 11 No! The Charming Attentions
06. La Gioconda, Op. 9 Cielo e mar!
07. Eugene Onegin, Op. 24, TH 5 I Love You
08. Faust, CG 4 Quel trouble inconnu me pénètre?
09. Prince Igor The Day Has Slowly Faded to Peace
10. La bohème, SC 67 Che gelida manina
11. Rusalka, Op. 144, B. 203 Vidino divná
12. Das Land des L?chelns Dein ist mein ganzes Herz!
13. Raven Black Brows, Eyes Like Hazel (Arr. for Tenor & Orchestra)
Ukrainian tenor Dmytro Popov delivers a magnificent recital of operatic arias, including music he has performed to great acclaim in opera houses around the world. Dmytro Popov was the youngest opera artist to be awarded the title of ‘Honoured Artist of Ukraine’ in 2003, and has since dazzled audiences and critics with roles including Rodolfo in Puccini’s La bohème at the Royal Opera House, Cavaradossi in Tosca with Deutsche Oper Berlin, and Vaudémont in Tchaikovsky’s Iolanta with Teatro Real Madrid.
Popov reprises those roles for this album, alongside music by Gounod, Bizet, Borodin, Dvo?ák, Ponchielli and Léhar, whose writing for the tenor Richard Tauber produced some of the most irresistible music in the repertoire. The recital is rounded off by a folk song from Popov’s native Ukraine.