01. Violin Concerto No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 26 I. Vorspiel (Allegro moderato)
02. Violin Concerto No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 26 II. Adagio
03. Violin Concerto No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 26 III. Finale (Allegro energico – Stringendo poco a poco – Presto)
04. Violin Sonata in A Minor, Op. 19 I. Allegro con anima
05. Violin Sonata in A Minor, Op. 19 II. Andantino
06. Violin Sonata in A Minor, Op. 19 III. Allegro amabile
07. 2 Sentimentala Romanser, Op. 28 No. 1 in F Minor
08. 2 Sentimentala Romanser, Op. 28 No. 2 in A Major
Christian Svarfvar has emerged as one of Scandinavia’s most sought after concert violinists. His debut album of the three Grieg Violin Sonatas was praised by the Financial Times ‘buoyed by Svarfvar’s fearless expression, rock-solid technique, stylistic acumen, Christian did us and Grieg a big favour and we must hear more from him’ Svarfar has worked with orchestras such as the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic, the London Philharmonic Orchestra, Simon Bolivar Orchestra, Borusan Istanbul Philharmonic Orchestra, Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra. He has also collaborated in chamber projects with Martin Fr?st, Maxim Rysanov, Tabea Zimmermann, Janine Jansen, Clemens Hagen, and with contemporary composers Steve Reich, Kaija Saariaho, Howard Shore and Anders Hillborg.
For his first album for Rubicon, Christian has recorded perhaps the most famous and best loved of all 19th century concertos, Max Bruch’s evergreen first Violin Concerto, and paired it with the Wilhelm Stenhammar’s warmly romantic Violin Sonata. The same composer’s two Sentimental Romances conclude the disc.