02. Gaudeamus omnes
03. Mundus et musica et totus concentus
04. Le souvenir
05. D’ung aultre amer
06. De tous biens playne
07. Elaes Abrayam
08. Kyrie (Codex Segovia, 16th century)
09. Gloria (Codex Segovia, 16th century)
10. Canon. Undecim Apostoli Secuti Sunt Petrum Canon Undecim Apostoli Secuti Sunt Petrum (Codex Segovia, 16th century)
11. La Spagna-Falla con misuras
12. Allez, regretz
13. Comme femme
14. Ave Sanctissima Maria (Codex Segovia, 16th century)
16. Caecus non iudicat de coloribus Cecus non iudicat de coloribus
17. Tout a par moy
18. Beaulte damours
19. Princesse de toute beaulte
20. Le grant desir d’aymer m’y tient
On their first CD, Qualia presents a collection of polyphonic music from late medieval sources, especially from manuscripts around the year 1500.
In a very short period of time around the turn of the 15th century, the European music culture changed from the ancient phytagoreic to meantone temperament and created some astounding, highly complex and intellectually as well as musically challenging works, taking inspiration from both old and modern musical influences.
Qualia lets the listener immerse into an almost alien musical world, into the deep roots and sources of being of European music history, which in today’s perception is almost lost completely.