01. Piano Sonata No. 10 in C Major, K. 330 I. Allegro moderato
02. Piano Sonata No. 10 in C Major, K. 330 II. Andante cantabile
03. Piano Sonata No. 10 in C Major, K. 330 III. Allegretto
04. Gigue in G Major, K. 574
05. Piano Sonata No. 18 in D Major, K. 576 I. Allegro
06. Piano Sonata No. 18 in D Major, K. 576 II. Adagio
07. Piano Sonata No. 18 in D Major, K. 576 III. Allegretto
08. Adagio in B Minor, K. 540
09. Piano Sonata No. 11 in A Major, K. 331 “Alla turca” I. Andante grazioso
10. Piano Sonata No. 11 in A Major, K. 331 “Alla turca” II. Menuetto & Trio
11. Piano Sonata No. 11 in A Major, K. 331 “Alla turca” III. Alla turca. Allegretto
“The third volume of Peter Donohoe’s acclaimed survey of Mozart’s Piano Sonatas for SOMM Recordings focuses on three works from the second half of the 1780s – including his last exercise in the form, Sonata No.18 (K576) – together with two exquisite miniatures.
Although likely composed as teaching materials, the sibling Sonatas Nos.10 (K330) and 11 (K331) eloquently push their intended student-players with considerable technical challenges that point to Mozart’s own development as a composer. This new release follows critical acclaim for Volume 1 (SOMMCD 0191) including the accolades of MusicWeb International’s Recording of the Year and BBC Music Magazine’s Recording of the Month which declared “It was high time someone blew the cobwebs off this still under-appreciated repertoire, and Donohoe is clearly the person to do it”.
Musical Opinion described Donohoe in Volume 2 (SOMMCD 0198) as “an ideal interpreter”, adding “no finer accounts of these still neglected masterpieces will have been offered to the public”.”