01. Berrill Silent Woods Suite Oak and Sister Spring
02. Berrill Silent Woods Suite Gravity
03. Berrill Silent Woods Suite Dwelling Place
04. Berrill Silent Woods Suite Ginkgo Biloba
05. Berrill Silent Woods Suite Spring Goes
06. Berrill Dance Suite Prelude
07. Berrill Dance Suite Jig and Reel Flowers for Ibana
08. Berrill Dance Suite Swing Me Round
09. Berrill Dance Suite Mermaid Dance
10. Berrill Playground Suite My Little Graceful Girl
11. Berrill Playground Suite 0′ Babbo Mio
12. Berrill Playground Suite Slide – Na Baltha Craige
13. Berrill Playground Suite Roundabout – Machli Jal
14. Reinhardt Playground Suite Swing 42
Suite Dreams is the new recording project by Naomi Berrill produced in collaboration with Casa Musicale Sonzogno and published by Warner.
Naomi Berrill has demonstrated unique versatility that allows her to combine different musical eras under a single distinctive sign in her first two albums. With her interpretative abilities she manages to lead her cello into unexplored genres and worlds and under the same research, to bring together from Barbara Stozzi′s Pre-Baroque elements up to Nick Drake′s singer-songwriter finesse.
This is Naomi′s third album and the trait-d′union of this journey is Dance from the dances of Baroque culture – Sarabande, Gavotte, Polka, Menuet, Sicilian, Chaconne – up to typical dances of international folklore.
The path of inspiration for the production of this album passes through the places dear to the cellist Florence, where Naomi has been living for several years and where, thanks to the collaboration with choreographer Virgilio Sieni, she finds new atmospheres animating laboratories in the Isolotto neighborhood. Then Galway, her hometown, in an adjustment path to “Galway 2020 European Capital of Culture”, among the immigrant communities which come from war zones, that are stimulated to share their cultural background through workshops.
In both cases, dance and music interact to bring the research underlying Naomi′s new compositions onto a common ground. An image that can give shape to this project is that of starlings flying above the skies of the city, creating original, light images and dance, letting themselves soar through the air in a choral composition which is sinuous and somewhat musical.