01. The Parting I Labor So Hard, Searching This Age We’re In
02. The Parting You Already Know What You Think
03. The Parting This Is the Third Time They’ve Called Me Up
04. The Parting How Will You Use the Time?
05. The Parting In Your Two Arms Back and Forth
06. The Parting I Love That Poem
07. The Parting Her Letters Come to Me
08. The Parting My Love, the Summer Passes
09. The Parting I Can No Longer Either Die or Live Without You
10. The Parting I Toppled Next to Him, His Body Flipped, Stiff Already
11. The Parting I Lived on Earth in an Era Such as This
12. The Parting I’ve Grown to Hate the World, a Sin
13. The Parting The Moon Sways
Heard here in its world premiere recording, The Parting is a daring opera by award-winning composer Tom Cipullo and librettist David Mason that explores the life and art of Miklós Radnóti, one of the most important poetic witnesses to the Holocaust, and one of its tragic victims. Radnótis poems express emotions from love and enchantment to absolute loss, and The Parting includes texts found in his jacket pocket after his death. This opera is a profound meditation on what it is about art that outlives us, that enables us to be creative even in the face of unimaginable adversity, and reminds us to guard against hatred and to celebrate what makes us human.